A double rainbow after the storm.

A double rainbow after the storm.
A double rainbow after the storm.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Images from my garden

I am finally up to date on my blog! I went home from work and took some pictures of my garden today--July 14th. I think I am ready to harvest some squash! This picture shows some of the babies growing on there now... the flowers are still coming too!


Here is the first zucchini of the season. He is now about 7.5 inches long.




This is the same zucchini-- measuring in around 2.5 inches in diameter!

Here are some pictures of my tomatoes. I do not have any that are ready yet, but there are more out there than I can count and I'm sure they will probably all come at me at once. :)



Here is a picture of my Yellow Summer Squash! He measures about 1.5 in diameter.
This is the same squash and he measures about 6.5 inches in length.
I find the cucumbers the most fun to watch b/c they do all of their growing underneath of their big--wide leaves. You have to lift up the leaves to really get an idea of what is going on under there! Most of the flowers on my cucumbers have turned--here is a picture of a couple of cucumbers!
Last, but definitely not least, are my Sweet Bell Peppers. Here is a picture of what looks like is going to be a Chocolate Sweet Bell Pepper!~

Here is a picture of a neighboring Sweet Bell Pepper, and he looks like he will be green--but we won't know for sure until he matures! He could very well be a yellow and/or red pepper-- we shall see!

I do have some Jalapeno Peppers, however, they are not in the ground yet. :( They are still in the house being pampered. I'm hoping to get them out into the garden soon. That is where they will do their best growing. They aren't out there yet because the seedlings took a very long time to germinate. My fingers are still crossed... you just never know how things will produce!





No comments:

Post a Comment