A double rainbow after the storm.

A double rainbow after the storm.
A double rainbow after the storm.

Monday, July 19, 2010

My Crafts for the Farmer's Market

I decided I wanted to make some crafts for the Farmer's Market--just to see how they would go over. Also, I enjoy putting together little projects and seeing how they will turn out. Here is the first item made (And the first item to be sold! YA!)-- it is a grapevine wreath with a texture painted bird house. My mother helped me put this first one together--she is the one with the eye! Any talent I may have gotten came directly from her!






Here is my second craft item. I painted the birdhouse cream and the roof deep blue--which matched the bird. (I enjoyed making this item--any excuse to get out my drill!!! lol) I had to drill a hole in the base and in the bottom of the house to fix the dowel. I have had numerous remarks on how pretty this item is--but it has not sold yet!

Here is a picture of a Welcome Basket. I really love this one. The colors are so--well-- welcoming! They brighten up the area. And I loved the little butterfly that I attached to the handle. This item is not sold yet either!




Here is my second attempt at making a flowered topiary. The first time the ball was WAY too big and the flower head was too heavy for the pot! This one is more balanced. I also decided to do the cracked paint look on the pot. For a first attempt at that kind of painting, I think it turned out fairly well!



More craft items on the way! I picked up some fall colors this past weekend and I'm piecing together some ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment